This year Amazon Prime Day kicks off on July 10th, in the USA, and 11th in Europe, Japan and Australia. It is that time of the year where Amazon’s promotions hit top notch by slashing prices on a vast array of products for all their Prime members. Scheduled for 30 hours straight starting on Monday 9 pm ET/ 6 pm. PT and end on Wednesday, July 12th at 3 am ET Amazon promises savings way above their usual discounts. As they dish out thousands of products for sale, you’ll want to be on the side that scoops some of the Prime Action.
Previous years have seen Amazon hold their Prime Day for only 24 hours. But with these year’s extended shopping hours; there are lots of expectations.
How does it Work? Why Should You Take Advantage of Prime Day?
Well, great deals are hard to pass on. But there’s more than meets the eye. To shop for a product on Amazon Prime Day, you have to be a Prime Member. So how do you get there, if you are not a member yet?
First things First
You have to sign up to Amazon Prime which goes for around $100 per year. This cost covers you for Prime Day and a whole lot of other advantages including:
- 2-days free shipping on unlimited goods
- Unlimited movies and video streaming
- Same day shipping after advancing as a member
- Unlimited photo storage plus
- Prime reading of unlimited magazines, books, and comics
For this year, you can subscribe on or before July 11th where the fee is down at around $79. If your primary concern is the Prime Day, there’s a way to get there without spending a penny on subscription.
Get yourself a free trial and be subscribed as a Prime Member for 30 days. Now you can join in the action. But here’s the catch. It applies to only those persons who have never tried the service before. And, for college students, you can get a free trial for 6 months after which you garner the membership for half the year subscription. For further detail check Amazon Insider Guide !
Which Deals have Started Rolling In?
Before the D-Day, Amazon has let on some of the deals they’ll be offering starting with streaming of select movies for as little as $5. There are also great deals like when you use the Alexa app to order your first item it will have a $10 discount. You can also save up to 50% on the cost of some exclusive phones including Nokia, Alcatel, and many others.
Other pre-Prime deals include:
- Unlimited music service for $1 going four months before Prime Day
- Add premium channels to your current streaming subscription
- Save $47 on the Fire H8 Tablet which is down from $117
- Limited time offer where you get 20% back on all music instruments sold and shipped from Amazon. This offer expires at the end of the Prime Day.
What Deals should We Expect on the Prime Day?
This year will mark the THIRD Anniversary of Amazon’s Prime Day. Traditionally, Amazon is quick to offer discounts on their products. This year will not be any different as we expect high discounts on Amazon goodies like the Kindle E-Reader, Echo Show, Kindle Oasis E-Reader, 4K Ultra HD Smart TVs, Amazon Fire TV, etc. Amazon plans to set a new record on the highest number of TVs sold on Prime Day. They have stocked up their inventories to satisfy every Prime shopper on this day.
We’ve also had the chance to look at some of the leaked deals like the:
- $80 off the De’Longhi Nespresso Automatic Coffee Machine
- 30% off the LG43-inch Ultra HD 4K Smart TV
- 20% off the 3.5inch Motorola Digital Video Monitor
- 65% off Hoover Freedom 2-in-1 Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- $65 off the BLACK+DECKER Flexi Vacuum
There are two types of offers available on Prime Day. The Standard all Day Sales and the Lightning deals which run for some time or up to when the product stock runs out.
How do Lightning Deals work?
These deals have the highest discounts hence they are hard to catch. Seeing that they are limited by time, you have to place the order as soon as the product goes live. You’ll have a few minutes around fifteen minutes to purchase the product after you have added it to the cart.
What if you need the item, but someone else beat you to placing an order?
After someone lays claim on a product but fails to complete the transaction within the stipulated time, it is passed on to the next person in line. When you see a button with the words Join Waitlist, you should be able to click on it so that you can be next in line in the case the previous buyer bails out of the buying process.
Know About Deals Ahead of Others
With thousands of products out for sale, you can expect great hassle in knowing how to go about the selection. Some items will be rolling in every five minutes which is pretty first for anyone to keep up. You don’t want to keep reloading your Amazon page that’s why there’s the Amazon App.
You can download it fast and easy on your Fire Tablet, Android, iPhone or iPad using your device app store. This app allows you to get notifications as they are dealt, so you are always in the know. You can also browse the deals 24 hours before they go live. All you need to do is place a notification on the sale, and it will alert you when it’s on sale.
What are Exclusive Deals?
These are sales associated with the Alexa voice control usually found on Alexa enhanced devices like Amazon Echo Dot, Echo Show and many others. What you do; is ask Prime Day Deals directly from Alexa via voice command. Better still, if you already own such a device, you’ll be able to browse live sales two hours before other prime members.
Some of the outstanding Alexa deals include
- $20 discount on the Phillips Hue Lightstrips
- $50 discount on the Bose SounLink III Bluetooth Speaker
- 35% off the popular Haribo Gummi Bear plus many other deals on pantries
What are Other Deals?
- Save up to 30% on Beauty and Grooming
- Save 20% or more Prime-exclusive coupons
- Save 25% on LARABAR and Nature Valley
- Save up to 20% on Dog and Cat favorites
- Save up to 15% on everyday essentials
- Save 20% on GNC vitamins
- Save 20% on Mrs. Meyer’s hand soaps
- Save 30% on everyday essentials with Alexa deals
- Save up to 50% with Prime Exclusive Phones Nokia alcatel Moto Blu
- Save up to 40% off unlimited reading (kindleunlimited)
- Get a $10 credit when order an Alexa Deal
- Save up to 35% with coupons – Stock up on the essentials
- 4 months for $0.99 – music unlimited for Prime members
Which countries can participate in this Year’s Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon continues to expand its Prime Day participation with this year holding 13 countries. These are the UK, US, Germany, France, Spain, India, Canada, Mexico, Belgium, China, Japan, Italy, and Austria.